HoPE for India - Donate to Needy via Tripura Foundation
- Check with seller
- Published date: May 25, 2021
[ #43558 Ads Views - 21 ]
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
About this event
HoPE for India
The Corona pandemic has wreaked havoc all over the world. India, the second most populated country globally, is affected a lot because of this ravaging pandemic. There are approximately 1mn new Covid-19 cases in India every four days- approximately 50% of the cases reported worldwide. Due to the huge population, there is also a serious shortage of vaccines, oxygen, and hospital beds.
Most of the parts of India are under full lockdowns due to Covid, and the people from villages find it very hard to buy essentials from stores. Moreover, Corona has shut the alternative employment and income opportunities of the village people. With the schools remaining shut, the poor and underprivileged children’s formal education has been affected for the second year in a row.
Dr. Pillai’s main mission is to stop the people's suffering; taking inspiration from his words and deeds, Tripura Foundation has launched the HoPE for India program to provide critical relief to India during this Covid-19 crisis. We have decided to provide relief to the rural villages of India where there are lots of poor, illiterate people having minimal access to health care facilities. Tripura Foundation relief to the rural villages of India is done in the following spheres.
1. Masks and Hygienic Education: WHO has suggested wearing masks as an effective way to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Due to misinformation and carelessness, the people in villages are not fully aware of face masks' utility and the right way to wear them. The volunteers of Tripura Foundation will distribute quality face masks and teach the village people the importance and the proper way of wearing the mask. They will also make them aware of hygienic habits like washing hands with soap and the significance of maintaining social distancing.
2. Immunity-Boosting Meals: Immunity boosting is an important step in fighting the Coronavirus. With the income sources drying up and shops selling essentials remaining shut, the rural population faces difficulty to afford nutritious meals. Tripura Foundation distributes healthy immunity boosting meal kits containing turmeric, black pepper, chickpeas, lentils, and immunity-boosting protein drinks, especially for seniors. These meals will provide them the much-required physical strength and will improve their stamina.
3. Mental Health: Maintaining the mental health of children is an important challenge. With two consecutive academic years being disrupted and staying away from school, the children can feel depressed and lonely. To fix this issue, our HoPE Center teachers will do check-ins by phone and WhatsApp with the Hope children and make sure they maintain a positive mindset and will offer emotional support when required.
4. Academic Support: Tripura Foundation has launched the HoPE Stations that act as a lifeline for impoverished children and their parents during the pandemic. The HoPE Learning Stations are designed with flexible implementation to meet the changing needs of Covid-19 guidelines. Small groups of children in rural villages receive daily Phonemic Intelligence practice, Essential academic support, Personal Transformation lessons, and nutritious mini-meals. In short, our HoPE Stations keeps children progressing safely in core areas of academics, arts, and character-building, during this pandemic time.
All these and much more would be possible only with your help. We request you to contribute any amount towards the HoPE for India program. Come! Let's join together and do our best to save the Poor Rural Indians from the raging Covid-19 pandemic.
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"